Saturday, July 11, 2015

Wisdom Brings It Home

Proverbs 9:1-6

Wisdom has built her house,
she has set up her seven columns;

She has prepared her meat, mixed her wine,
Yes, she has spread her table.

She has sent out her maidservants; she calls
from the heights out over the city:

“Let whoever is naive turn in here;
to any who lack sense I say,
Come, eat of my food,
and drink of the wine I have mixed!

Forsake foolishness that you may live;
advance in the way of understanding.”


Sometimes, when I think I don't understand, I really do. If we are willing to open our ears, our hearts and even our minds, understanding is available to all. In the great wisdom of the world, we have been provided naturally with the means to make sense of our surroundings and the environments in which we find ourselves. This Proverb makes clear some of the ways to understanding.
The video here is the inter-denominational community of Taize, France offers a sense of the ineffable, the mystery of all that comprises wisdom.

Being "open" is simply a matter of being present and available just one more time than we are "closed." Just once more

No comments: